As much as I hate to admit it, I know I don’t have much say in the matter. My daughter is getting older and soon dating will come into play. I DO, however, have a few rules that are going to be nonnegotiable, at least until she’s an adult and out on her own, but I have a feeling these rules will still apply.
1. You MUST have a legal job and your own transportation, something with 4 wheels and a full cover frame. If you want to date my daughter then you must be able to pay for the date. I am not going to pay you to take my daughter out nor will I be your chauffeur.
2. You have to know how to handle a firearm properly, as well as hit your target. Be it pistol, rifle, or shotgun, you must know how to use them. As a man it’s your job to be able to protect my daughter not her protect you. If she can hit the bulls eye then why can’t you?
3. Criminals need not apply. I’m a firm believer in second chances but if you are a thug or mostly a “wanna be” thug then thug on down the road. I promise you will not last long around me because this is one subject I will not play games with, period.
4. You must like Star Wars. There may be some leeway with this but not much. If you can’t get the references she will make to Star Wars then there really is not much point to keeping you around.
5. Seafood is a must. You personally do not have to like it but do not try to deny her or it will get ugly. This is a girl who loves her seafood and has no problem catching it herself.
6. You will have to like Hockey. She loves going to see a Hockey game and if you wish to date her then you must be willing to take her to a game or two.
7. Embrace your inner nerd. Your love for Sci-Fi must show. You have to have an open mind. This applies to a multitude of things. Reading books, comic books, science fiction, or any subject along the lines of science. If you don’t like to read or can not carry on a conversation I can promise you there will be clashing.
8. You have to be a Movie Buff because my daughter loves movies. She has a routine when it comes to movies and I do not see it slowing down anytime soon. This is where your love of Sci-Fi will come in handy.
9. Music is a major part of her life so it must play a major part in your life as well. Trying to fight this fact is like trying to cap a volcano; it’s never going to happen. If you do not like music you will have to keep on with your boring self.
10. Vampires are real. This is where your open mind comes in because my daughter is a vampire. No she does not drink blood so get that out of your mind. You must be willing to embrace the fact that she is a paranormal creature, like her father, and that she is drawn to the Supernatural.
These thoughts come from her own way of thinking and I have nothing to do with it. She likes what she likes and you have to accept it, I have.
I don't know if your daughter will like this postReplyDelete
Perhaps, perhaps not but mostly these are my rules, until she's out on her own, making her own life choices, then I have to respect whatever rules she comes up with.Delete
i agree with everything but rule #1ReplyDelete
I agree with them allDelete